Thursday, October 9, 2008

Marathon Comandments


  1. I will not run any miles faster than 8:15 pace until I am past mile 20.

  2. I will not freak out if any of my miles are a little slow and try to even it out by running the next one faster.

  3. I will not freak out if I look at my Garmin and the pace is a little off.....this happens and there is no reason to speed up to correct it.

  4. I will not mentally give up.

  5. I will not allow myself to walk (except briefly at water stops so I don't get water up my nose!).

  6. I will run the best race I am capable of running.

  7. I will not make excuses for myself.

  8. I will not feel sorry for myself.

  9. I will trust my training.

  10. I will have fun!

Ok.....so they aren't quite Moses-on-a-stone-tablet worthy, but then again....I don't remember Moses ever running a marathon :)

4 comments:

Steph said...

Yeah, I'm not sure how conducive those desert sandals were to endurance running!

This totally cracked me up!

Go out there and just keep thinking of #10 and everything will fall in place.

I can't wait to hear all about it. You don't need luck; you just need cool temps and no headwind!

Sarah said...

No, but he did lead his people out of Egypt so the sandles have to provide at least some support. Think I'll stick to my Asicis for now!

Thanks again for your kind words and well wishes!!

Maria said...

Love it!!!! I'll be your follower and abide by these commandments as well. Trust in yourself, you can do anything you want on that course. And run with a smile, it makes the spectators happy :-) GO SARAH!!!

Janette said...

I think you followed every last one of these today. Great job, Sarah!