Friday, October 10, 2008

"Ain't nothing gonna break my stride....

Ain't nothing gonna slow me down
Oh No, I've got to keep on movin'"


That song has been in my head all day....a sign?? Its better than "Runnin' on Empty" (no joke, but that song was playing on the alarm clock radio when I woke up for my first half marathon!)

Speaking of music, I got a wonderful "Cupcake" cd from my friend Steph this week full of calming, relaxing music. It fit right in with my mood of the week and was just perfect. Full of lots of new songs that I hadn't heard yet.....she really has great taste in music. The last song is from her favorite movie "Pride and Prejudice"....not sure if I should admit this, but I've never seen the movie. Please don't take my cd back Steph!

Bryan and I are heading down to Hartford in a bit so I just wanted to check in quickly. Last night I spent the evening relaxing and watching "Spirit of the Marathon" that arrived in the mail yesterday....perfect timing. It got me even more excited than I already am! I am still fairly calm about the race......no real nerves yet but just a lot of excitement. I don't know how things are going to play out tomorrow, but I can't wait to see what I am capable of doing!

So its that time again....I am carbo loaded, hydrated, and ready to run! I wish all the best to the other runners that are racing this weekend. Have fun and remember to JUST RUN!!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

CONGRATULATIONS on a great marathon Sarah!!!!! We can't wait to cheer you on in Boston!!
Maureen and George

dawna said...

Steph just called me with the FABULOUS news! Congratulations! I'm gonna try to relax and have fun tomorrow and maybe I'll do better than the last dreadful half marathon in March. You'll be an inspiration, a good omen! Looking forward to your Boston. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I hear from Maureen you will be running in the Boston Marathon. Way to go Sarah,Congratulations!

Maria said...

Congratulations on a supremely run race!!!!