Thursday, June 23, 2011

Here we go again!

I realized that I never posted about the second HUGE life changing event that's happening in our lives right now. What are two of the most life altering things you can think of to happen in your life? One would probably be having a baby (done!).  I would put moving on the top of that list too.

Well, our little family of three (and two cats) are on the move again!  If you remember, Bryan's position in Utah was for the last year of his medical training.  While we love it here and would have stayed, unfortunately the hospital just didn't have an open position for him.  So we are headed even further west to Portland, Oregon!!  After 10 years (yes, 10 years not including college) of medical training, Bryan is finally done and has taken an attending physician position in Portland.  I am so proud of him, but since I just posted about how great he is, I'll spare you any more of that :)

Luckily this time the hospital is paying for our move so we don't have to pack a thing!!  No pods like our move from Boston, no boxes or bubble wrap to buy, we have actual movers doing all the work!

Does this look like the house of someone moving today and tomorrow??


Let's just say the movers have a big job ahead of them!  At least I can focus my attention on Nolan and let the professionals do all the work (yikes...did I just give up control??  How unlike me!)  Not sure when I'll get to blog next, but I'll be sure to update you all when I can an let you know how the three of us are doing...at least the drive from SLC to Portland is shorter than Boston to SLC!!

2 comments:

Tim said...

You are leaving a house that has truly been a home, and the source of many memories of a good year. May your next house be just as wonderful!

Carmelle said...

Congratulations, Bryan and Sarah! You mean medical training finally ends at some point?! :) I am so excited that you are sharing all these things with us and Nolan looks incredibly adorable!!! best wishes to both of y'all in Portland :D