Monday, December 20, 2010

My New Running Buddy

I know its been a while since I last posted but I'll try to explain.  You see, I have this new running buddy that I haven't been able to tell you about yet, but now I'm excited to finally introduce you him!  He doesn't talk much, but sure makes his presence known...he has slowed me down a lot but I'm so thrilled to have him on every run with me...


Introducing my new running buddy!

Bryan and I are SO EXCITED about this little one (even though I referred to it as a "he" we don't know if it truly is a he or a she yet).  I'm 16 weeks along and everything with the baby is looking great.  Its nice that Bryan is a Radiologist because he's been able to bring me in to do ultrasounds whenever we want...its been fun to see the baby growing!  


Waving hi to everyone!



I'm still running although I've obviously scaled back a lot.  As I said before my pace is much slower and I  struggle some with the fact that I can no longer push my body the way I used to.  But its completely worth it!!  I'm also enjoying doing other activities rather than running all the time.  As for skiing, I am planning on continuing (I've already been out 4 times!) for as long as my body feels comfortable.  I'm hoping to be able to ski through February, my second trimester, but I'll take it one day at a time. At least December has brought us lots of snow in Utah to start the season out right!! 


Now that I'm out of the pregnancy closet, I promise to write more frequently and let you know how things are going.  I was just hard to post the last few months when all I could think about what the exact thing I couldn't post about!

So watch out Baby Goucher, Baby Radcliffe, and Baby Kastor...this baby is going to be right on your heels!

2 comments:

Maria said...

So very excited for you both!!! Does the baby move around a lot?

Tim said...

OMG--It's been so long, but worth the wait! Now that you're "out", we look forward to your musings!!