Thursday, July 23, 2009

Breaking up is hard to do!

Dear Massage Therapist,

Over the past year and a half that we've been seeing each other, you have helped me through 3 marathons and kept me relatively injury free and for that, I am very grateful. I enjoy our time together but I think its time to end things between us. This is very hard for me to do, but it's time.

I was never good at long distance relationships and let's face it..... your office is about 15 minutes west of my work which makes you about 40 minutes away from my house and that distance is taking its toll on me. Also, I don't mean to be selfish and I am happy for you, but you are very busy and I need someone who can reschedule with me earlier than 2 weeks from now.

Finally, I want to be honest with you.....I've been cheating on you over the past month. I'm sorry if this hurts you, but I needed to find someone else before I could officially end things with you. I'm not trying to be promiscuous, but I've been dating around and after 3 disappointing first appointments I have finally found someone else. I've seen her twice and we are hitting it off well.

Again, thanks for the wonderful 1.5 years together. I wish you all the happiness a massage therapist can have. And remember.....its not you, its me!

Sincerely,
Sarah

2 comments:

Maria said...

*snort*

I know this... feels like a hair dresser break up

Sarah said...

Don't even get me started on the hair dresser break up!! At least you only see them every other month or so......I used to see my MT every other week!