Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bake Sale

I remember when I was little, my brother and I would set up various "businesses" in the church driveway where we would sell lemonade and other treats to the cars leaving after meetings. We would make a couple bucks and consider ourselves rich!

Last week I hosted a bake sale in the cafeteria at work to support Boston Medical Center and Team BMC. I enlisted the help of 13 other coworkers to bake a range of goodies for me and decided to also have a 50-50 raffle. I didn't put prices on the food items, just told people to give what they felt was enough and take a plate of snacks.

A close up of the food.....quite a spread!

I figured I would make more than I did with my lemonade stand, but I was shocked when I counted up the money! The bake sale brought in $491!! The 50-50 raffle totaled another $240 and the woman who won generously donated her winnings back to BMC. All total, I made $731!! I consider myself very blessed to work with such generous people....many of which I don't even know. Its a wonderful reminder of the good in people when it seems that all we hear now are negative stories.

Here is me counting all the money :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

Congratulations!!! It all looks sooooo yummy!