Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dear Massachusetts drivers -

Why do you hate runners so much? I know that you couldn’t possibly understand why I would chose to give up my lunch break to go for a run on a sunny 30 degree day, rather than getting in my car and driving to get greasy take-out. But would it kill you to slow down a bit? To move over just a foot to let me pass? I know you see me (except for maybe Mr. Fedex driver on your cell phone that forced me to jump into a snow bank) so is it that inconceivable to think you would give me an inch of your precious road?!?!?

And finally, although I might look like I need a shower, I do not need you to spray me with cold, dirty, icy slush, thank you very much. I have a hot shower waiting for me when I am done.

Sincerely,
Sarah

2 comments:

Maria said...

I am a paranoid freak while on the streets, it seems that no one is paying attention. argh!

Steph said...

I just had this conversation with some fellow runners. At least we try to hug the side of the road unlike bikers who don't. Sometimes I feel like wearing a sign saying, "I'm running 13 miles so give me a friggin break" on me when I'm out there!