Monday, August 18, 2008

28 on 08/18/08

If I was Chinese I would be the most popular kid right now. That's right.....today is my birthday and I am turning 28 on 08/18/08! To make it even more interesting, I was born on 08/18/80 and weighed 8lb 8oz......talk about some 8's! Maybe I should play the lottery tonight because 8 in Chinese means wealth.....with all these 8's I should be a millionaire :)

So another year older and wiser (ha ha!). Since my last birthday I have run 2 more marathons and bettered my time by 19 minutes. I have run over 1500 miles since my last birthday. I have had good races and bad, but I've learned something from each of these. I look forward to what 28 will bring in both running and life. Hopefully the good races will out number the bad as with all things in life. But having those bad races and bad days makes me appreciate the good ones that much more.

Now I just have to wait for all that wealth my lucky birthday numbers should bring me!

3 comments:

Janette said...

Happy birthday!!! I sure hope you bought some lottery tickets!

Maria said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!!!!

Steph said...

Another August Baby! Felice Cumpleanos! This means you have to run 8 marathons, have 8 kids.......