Sunday, June 22, 2008

Remember me??

Yes, I know its been almost a month since I last wrote.....I am so sorry! I wish I could say that I was too busy doing other things to write, but that's not true.....I've just been lazy! I took two weeks off running after Vermont City. I rode my bike a couple times (including one mountain biking session with Bryan!), practiced yoga, and enjoyed the mental and physical break from training.

Of course the weather warmed up just as I was getting ready to run again. During our first heat wave of the year (4 days of 95 degree humid days...yuck!), Bryan and I waited until 8pm to run and it was still unbearable! I was questioning how I could run 26 miles two weeks earlier when I couldn't even get through 4 miles that day!?!?

Its cooled off some (let's just say its going to be a rough summer!) and I've still been running mostly easy miles. My calves have been really tight, but not in the same way I have felt them before. My massage therapist says that its built up connective tissue and scar tissue that needs to be broken up. I guess this makes sense because it doesn't really feel like muscle tightness. I've been stretching, foam rolling, and icing after my runs to help it.

Bryan and I ran in the Reggae Ramble 4.2 mile race on Thursday night. We've done this summer race series for the past couple years and its a fun, non-stressful race. I definitely wasn't going for any PRs but it felt good to run a bit faster than I have the past couple weeks.

So I have one more week of easy running before I start training for the Hartford Marathon on October 11th. I am still figuring out the details of my training plan, but I am looking at adapting the Pfitzinger 18 week up to 60 miles per week plan I followed last time to a 15 week up to 60-65 MPW.

So I promise to write more often as my training starts back up......just as I needed the break from running, I think I also needed a break from blogging! Its good to be back now :)

3 comments:

Janette said...

Welcome back!!

Now that you'll be posting more, I won't feel like your creepy blog stalker anymore. :)

Can't wait to run with you!

Maria said...

Downtime is essential. Glad to hear you're back at it and using Pfitzinger again. My mileage wasn't quite high enough to follow the 70 MPW plan so I'll be pumping up the 55 MPW plan as well. Just noticed, we'll be running the same weekend in October too!

Good luck to you!!!

Steph said...

Thank goodness you're back! Like Janette, I was a blog stalker too!

Still in denial that training starts this week-though I'm thinking of doing a 16 week program.

Let the fun begin!