Sunday, November 26, 2006

Turkey Day Running

I spent Thanksgiving with my in-laws this year in upstate NY. Bryan and I went out for a nice 4.5 mile run on Thanksgiving day while the turkey was in the oven and I went for a 7 mile run on Saturday. While running, I realized that I was thankful for many things this year. During the run, I was thankful for the amazing 50 degree days we were having and that I was still able to run in shorts at the end of November. I was thankful for my legs and their ability to carry me all the miles that I run. But I was most thankful for my friends and family for supporting my crazy marathon dream.

Its hard to explain to people just how much time I am going to spend running this winter (I don't know if I fully comprehend the time commitment). Yes, it will mean giving up some things that I enjoy (sleep, some ski days, free time), but knowing that I have so many people in my life that are supporting me and excited for me makes me happy........and thankful!

So as I recover not from the running but from all the turkey and stuffing and cake that I ate over the past couple days, I will try to keep all these things that I am thankful for in my mind as my training continues!

No comments: